- What is diploma Supplement and what are the benefits?
- How to Legalize your Diploma Supplement?
- How to obtain the Diploma Supplement?
- How obtain a “Dichiarazione di Valore” of my degree?
- Visa and Residence Permit
- The Diploma Supplement (DS) is a document accompanying a higher education diploma, providing a standardised description of the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies completed by its holder. It is produced by the higher education institutions according to standards agreed by the European Commission, the Council of Europe and UNESCO. The Diploma Supplement is also part of the Europass framework transparency tools .The supplement is designed as an aid to help (but not guarantee) recognition – it is not a CV or a substitute for the original qualification. It has the following eight sections of information:
- the holder of the qualification
- the qualification
- its level and function
- the contents and results gained
- certification of the supplement
- details of the national higher education system concerned (provided by the National Academic Recognition Information Centres (NARICs) )
- any additional relevant information.
Graduates in all the countries taking part in the Bologna Process have the right to receive the Diploma Supplement automatically, free and in a major European language.
2. Legalization of your Diploma Supplement, if you intend to legalize it
If you are abroad and wish to legalize the Diploma Supplement I would suggest you collaborate with the colleagues that are (still) in Italy. If you wish to share details on the Legalization of the Diploma Supplement do not hesitate to communicate them to your colleagues.
- The Legalization of your Diploma Supplement can be done only in Rome (or Province), Italy.
- It is not necessary for you to delegate someone by letter. The only requirement is that the Diploma Supplement must be brought in original to the Office that can legalize it (the Prefettura). The Legalization is Free of Charge. You only have to buy the Marca da Bollo of € 14,62.
- Contact the following office beforehand:
Prefettura di Roma – Area IV quinques – Ufficio Legalizzazione
Address: (FOR CORRESPONDENCE) Via IV Novembre 119/A – 00187 Roma
OFFICE: Via Ostiense 131/L – Scala B – II piano
Phone: 06 67294633 – 06 67294732 Fax: 06 67294744
Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9 am – 12 am (please be there before 11.30 am for the number that you will have to get in order to have access to the service). You cannot take more than 1 number.
Official link (in Italian): http://www.prefettura.it/roma/index.php?f=Spages&nodo=8988
3. How to obtain the Diploma Supplement?
You need to contact: Secretary Courses Post Lauream,
Dora Commendatore (email@example.com)
Natalia Proietti Monaco (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tiziana Satta (email@example.com)
Via Ostiense 139 – 00154 Rome
tel. +39 06 5733 4046/4025
fax +39 06 57334055
Office Hours: Monday and Wednesday from 10.00 to 12.30
3. How obtain a “Dichiarazione di Valore” of my degree?